We are committed to public awareness and executing best practices to ensure safe operations.
Call 811 before You Dig
Learn more about why you should call the 811 hotline before any type of dig operation.
How to Identify a Leak
Common signs of a product release include:
- A pool of liquid on the ground near a pipeline
- Liquid spraying over the pipeline
- A rainbow sheen on water
- Dead or discolored vegetation near the pipeline
- Vapor cloud
- Frozen ground near the pipeline
- Fire or explosion near the pipeline
- An unusual hissing or roaring sound coming from the area around the pipeline
- Strange or unusual odor in the vicinity of the pipeline
If you suspect a leak
- Eliminate potential ignition sources (turn off cell phones, eliminate use of tobacco products, no vehicle use, etc.) and avoid creating sparks.
- Evacuate the area immediately.
- Call 911 once you are in a safe place to report the suspected incident.
- Visible pipeline markers can provide the approximate location of the pipeline(s), materials that are transported, the pipeline operator and the operator’s 24-hour emergency phone number.